i've just come from an extraordinary 3 days at the first ever HOLISTIC APPROACHES TO ARTS EDUCATION conference at jfku in berkeley. i'll be doing my masters in transformative arts at the school and one of the things i thought might become my thesis is the documentation of what we do here with this blog and the resulting actions we take as a result of our virtual collaboration.
over time, some of us may choose to create visible community by coming together to DO something in a collective and publicly visible way--but this is not a call for MORE stuff to attend and stress out about and create and make, necessarily, outside the perameters of our normal, daily lives.
one of the ideas issued from the illustrious panel of transformation arts professionals assembled for our inspiration and edification was this: WE MUST LEARN TO BE CREATIVE WITHIN THE CONTEXT IN WHICH WE FIND OURSELVES. maybe it was Karen Caroll? or Peter Milne? i want to give credit where credit is due.
so the question is, when we feel powerless in our lives or powerful in our lives, how do we express that? visually? in some manner in which might allow for connection with others? how are you, i, we, being in the world, such that changemaking is possible--when we feel a change is required? what are we up against? how do we get over it?
anyone?
Monday, February 19, 2007
open call for changemakers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your experience
I don't have the solution, but I would like to be part of the dialog. My website is www.uniqueeyedesigns.com for information about me. I have never blogged before, so I am hoping I am doing this correctly.
Thank you,
Lee
Post a Comment